Lincoln Orthodontics is a well-established orthodontic practice in Lincoln. Led by experienced, award-winning specialist orthodontists, Dr Matthew Clare and Dr Graeme Reynolds, the team at Lincoln Orthodontics have created a welcoming environment in which patients can enjoy professional treatment and excellent results.
The practice boasts Invisalign Elite Platinum provider status in recognition of the team's expertise in this leading invisible orthodontic treatment. They have also won several industry awards including Aesthetic Dentistry Awards 2016; Smile Awards 2009 and 2011; and BOS Practitioner Group Prizewinner 2011 and 2014.
In addition to the orthodontic treatments they provide, Lincoln Orthodontics also offer skin rejuvenation treatments.
Dr Matthew Clare
DDS, MOrth RCS (EDIN), MFDS RCS (EDIN), BDS BSc (HONS)
GDC reg. no. 72274
I love orthodontic treatment because it combines art and science in equal measure. There is only one thing more satisfying to me than creating someone’s perfect smile – and that is seeing the look on their face when you show them the finished result! My mother was a nurse at Great Ormond Street Childrens’ Hospital and my father was an artist, so being an orthodontist seemed like the most natural thing in the world to me! I love my job and I love working with the wonderful team I have been proud to create around me over the last 15 years in Lincoln. Above all, I value being able to contribute positively to people’s lives.
Professionally, since qualifying in 1996 at Guy's Hospital in London, I have undertaken many years of study, including Specialist Orthodontic training in Bristol, where I held the post of Specialist Registrar in Orthodontics at the teaching hospital for three years. I have presented lectures both nationally and abroad but I now concentrate just on clinical cases, as that is where my real passion lies.
When I’m not in work, I enjoy playing spending time with my wife and twin children – ideally either playing tennis or skiing with my family.
All of our professional staff exceed their GDC requirements. The highlights over the past three years for our Dental Professionals include:
- GDC requirements and protecting patients' personal information
- 2-day 'invitation only' visit to the Incognito lingual braces headquarters in Germany
- Working as a trainer for an Orthodontic Therapist associated with the University of Warwick
- Custom prescription and fitting of Sports Gum Shields
- Complex multi-disciplinary cases integrating the roles of orthodontics, implants, crowns and bridges
- Laser surgery course for gum remodelling
- 2-day international meeting with speakers, and leaders in adult smile design aesthetics, from Italy, America, Spain and the UK
- National Invisalign meeting introducing the latest developments in this market leading clear aligner therapy
- British Orthodontics Society annual 3-day conference, Edinburgh
- British Orthodontic Society
- British Dental Association
- American Association of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopaedics
- World Federation of Orthodontics
Dr Emily Smithard
Emily gained her dental degree from Newcastle University in 2006 and then progressed to a three-year specialist training post in Orthodontics at Lincoln County Hospital and Sheffield Dental Hospital, enabling her to join the GDC Specialist List for Orthodontics. Keen to further her knowledge and skills, Emily then went on to complete further training in the management of complex orthodontic cases (cleft and jaw surgery patients) allowing her to attain her Intercollegiate Surgical Fellowship Examination in Orthodontics (Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh). Emily has since taken up a post at Lincoln County Hospital as a part-time Consultant Orthodontist, alongside being a Specialist Orthodontist here at Lincoln Orthodontics where she revels in the intricacies of perfecting people’s smiles. Emily is always striving for clinical excellence and employs a wealth of innovative orthodontic techniques including aesthetic brackets, Invisalign, miniscrews and protraction facemask to obtain the best results possible for her patients based on current evidence. When not in work she enjoys cycling, snowboarding and baking with her children.